Notes from the Slight Edge…
It’s easy to do the “wrong thing”, just like its easy to do the right thing.
- Become a master of the mundane
- It is easy to do what is right, it is also very easy NOT to do it ~ that’s why people don’t do it
- A good hueristic: Does it matter if you eat poorly once? No. Does it matter if you eat poorly everday for a year? Of course. Does it matter if you exercise once? No.. and so on.
Small steps, everyday
- Strive to improve 3% each day, instead of quantum leaps
- Put differently, put a penny in the bank every day
- You don’t need to do this for a “light switch” problem… those have immediate outcomes. The important things with non-immediate outcomes are the slippery slopes (both in a good way or bad way)
Take action first, then you’ll have influence
- “Do the thing and you will have the power” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- You must translate learned knowledge into earned knowledge by taking action.
- Reading and “knowing about” is not enough. You must “build” your edge.
- You must also have a philosophy to funnel that action through.