This is somewhat inspired by 1500 days.
So right now I am sitting at 0.75 (up 0.2 in a year) with my next child arriving in August.
My goal: take a month off when baby comes. Then step out of my job as it exists today.
- My wife and marriage are healthy
- My health and mobility are good
- My daughter feels safe, loved, and joyful
- Do not make family suffer.
How to get it:
- Estimate a budget
- Fine tune that budget over the year
- Create accessible cash flow
ESTIMATE A BUDGET
TOTAL: $4800 * 110% = $5,250
Housing: $2600 + utilities. Say 2900?
School: $836/mo (full day).
Travel: $166/mo. $2000/yr. Two trips. Lyft.
Car: 130/mo. $80/mo insurance. $50/mo gas.
Ok. Will do.
CREATE CASH FLOW
Investment growth – 2k/mo
Rental properties – 1k/mo.
AirBnb – 1k/mo.
Kathy’s job – 1k/mo
Me. — target 4k after tax. 65k/year salary.
OFFENSE – CREATING MISSING 4K
- Land Investment. Takes 10k.
- Buy business. Flippa.com. SBA loan.
- 4 hrs/day at current job.
- Contact work?
- Flip houses?
- Notary? (Not enough- need to start business)
- Half day school. Save $418/mo
- Credit card travel. Save $100/mo.
- Healthcare poorly planned here.
- Rental reserves and investment.
- current balance
- driveway at Cooke
- roof on McRoberts
- parking pad McRoberts
- Liquid access. We are mostly in investments. Need to build liquid buffer. Or are we ok burning Robinhood?
- If so create comparable portfolio and pay back nieces and nephews.
A GOAL WITHOUT A PLAN IS A DREAM
Nightly work schedule.
AirBnb is ready.
Carve out time at 9-5. Too busy. Do less. Review MRs. Maybe one ticket. After Cerepod.
Explore Flippa. What are capital requirements?
Talk to Kathy. Be on same page.
If Flippa flop. Look at just start.
After just start. Consider land invest. Once we have reserves.