- BE OK WITH IT. It is possible to ethically create wealth; if you don’t believe this in your heart/soul you’ll never push the 100% needed to achieve it.
- MAKE STUFF FOR OTHERS. Ignore status games; they are all zero sum. Instead focus on giving society something it wants.
- OWN AN ASSET. You must own a % of something. You cannot rent out your time. If you do not make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.
- COMPOUND INTEREST. Play iterative games. Pick good partners (intelligence, energy, integrity). Avoid cynics.
- BUILD + SELL. You must build. You must sell. You must do both.
- The overall recipe is to have specific knowledge, accountability, and leverage.
- DISCOVER Specific knowledge is what feels like play to you; but looks like work to others. It cannot be taught in schools. It is taught in apprenticeships.
- BE PUBLIC Accountability involves taking risks with your own name (be public).
- GET LEVERED Leverage is capital, labor, or low cost replication/distribution. Code and media are some of the best forms of leverage.
- READ + DO Reading is faster than listening. Doing is faster than watching.
- Be to busy to do coffee; but keep an uncluttered calendar.
- WORK HARD. Work as hard as you can. Try to become the best in the world at “what you do”
- What you work on and who you work with are more important, but still work as hard as you can.
Full tweetstorm here: