Personal guideline: What choices will create the best future for my daughter?
We should all agree that we…
- Want a country that allows for health Care for everyone
- Want a country that allows for personal freedoms
- Want a country that protects us from violence
- Want a country whose poor have options to escape poverty
- Want clean skies and water
- Budget: 1% surplus every year. Phase out Government pensions into 401k. Social security into default opt in for employees to 10%.
- Why? We need enough $ to make desperate investments/actions in event of an emergency.
- Limit federal activity to… National security, national infrastructure, air quality regulation, make it easier to move State to state
- National security: Stop war spending = stop offensive use of force
- Healthcare: Encourage states to pool up on healthcare. Allow for experiments.
- Innovation/Climate change: Create bounty system for urgent needs. Keep patent system
- Energy: Build HVDC interstate transmission. Redeploy troops around this goal. Tax discretionary energy use (step up tax on flights and cruises).
- Banking regulation: not smart enough but we need balkanization
- Criminal Justice reform: bounty for reduced recidivism
- Everything else: states issue
Traits of a good candidate
- People will follow them. Unites.
- Attracts and retains top talent
- Uses heuristics and supplements with data