Mostly informed and inspired by Without Hot Air by David Mackay
All of these are approximately equal (averaging out to ~40kw/day)
- One flight taken per year.
- Using electricity in 1.3 average households/day
- Driving 30 miles each day
- Eating 10 Cheeseburgers/day
- Eating 35 Chicken patties/day
- Charging 100 iPhones/day
- Running 200 LED lightbulbs for 24 hours/day
Some quick tips….
- Fly WAY less.
- Electrify everything you can (86 natural gas and coal).
- Remove beef from your diet (and cheese); but milk is OK (? not sure why).
- Remember that 71% of carbon emissions come from 100 companies (oil, coal, gas)